Saturday, January 28, 2012

"I realized the problem: You write short stories, and I think you like living short stories,".....

...."but I'm kind of ready for the novel."

Just watched HappyThankYouMorePlease.

The title sounds a bit cheesy, kind of like Eat Pray Love, but surprisingly the movie was really good. Kudos to Netflix for recommending this little indie flick that I would have never heard of otherwise. I still can't quite pinpoint what I liked about this movie so much. I think it may have been the dynamic of the characters and the odd story line. It was something new, yet it had the corny romantic comedy qualities that I tend to feed off of (lots of awkwardness and bad lines). That, and the soundtrack includes one of my favorite tracks from my new favorite band:


... I'm sure the 3 glasses of red wine I had didn't have anything to do with it either.

No comments: