Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Killadelphia

I love that I call Philly my home. I love that Philly is the only city that you don't actually have to live in to call home. A lot of people don't understand this logic, but if you're from the area, then you know what I'm talking about. Mostly, I LOVE the people. We are diehards down in the 215. We do everything to the max, especially when it comes to supporting our teams. With our luck (this being that we haven't won a sports championship in 25 years) most people would have lost hope. Not us! Whether we win or loose, we love every single player who represents our city. "Brotherly Love" could never reign so true anywhere else.

Tonight the only sports team that I actually follow won the World Series. The WORLD fucking SERIES! I hate television, but spending hours on end, day after day, has never been more worth it. My boys came in as the underdog. All sports professionals were leaning for the other team. But, WE won. Not them. Us! I seriously believe this time a lot of it was due to the fans. All those people who spent the hours watching. All those people who flew down to Florida for games 1 & 2. All those people who sat in the freezing ass rain with our boys for 6 and 1/2 innings only to have the game be post-poned. Mostly, of those people, the 99% who dropped plans to come back 2 days later, and give our team the same hope and confidence needed to take it all.

I LOVE PHILLY, and I Love all of you who love it too.


Magic.



It only gets better.



"Do you think that theres anybody in the tent?"



My biggest commitment ever.


Airhorn Dana

They've learned to tune it out. I learned to love every minute.


she's a lady

Our children are screwed.




German Boys


Get WiLD

Because we can.

No comments: