Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"It doesn't have enough whimsy."

Today I discovered Alicia Bock.


The colors in her photographs are amazing. I love the desaturated look to it. It's definitely not something you can capture with digital, which is pretty much my view on film. Alicia has a blog she quite frequently posts new pictures.

Despite this new found love however, Denis Olivier will always reign my favorite photographer ever.



This is from his new series, Dreamspace Reloaded. It's less realism then I'm use to seeing with him, but still had the same dreamlike quality. The whole series is in black and white, which is what he does best.

Today I also saw a Mercedes Benz commercial which I think captures the overall feel of both photographers collections. Skip to 1 minute 6 seconds in.







I'm in love with the opening shot. Look for the commercial this summer for better quality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denis Olivier is a new photographer to me..thanks for the introduction !

Anonymous said...

Pretty, but kind of derivative. If you love Bock, you'll love Linda Plaisted's work over at www.manymuses.com.
She has both the dark and the light.