Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Take 2

So I haven't really been writing in here, and I'm sorry to those who have brought this to my attention. I know you'd like to know what's going on in my life, but that's more of what the phone and facebook are for. I know I keep making new blog/journal sites, but that is because I change them I guess when I feel a change in what I want to write about. For example, I made this one as kind of a self reflection I guess you could say. I was also kind of tired some of the old sites I had where people from high school would find me, and try to be interested in what I'm up to. Let's just be honest... if you didn't find time to be interested in my life then, theres really no point in trying now. Especially since I have no care about what those people are doing. On that note, this is mainly for family, friends, and people I completely don't know to read. It's mostly me thinking out loud, so if you also get to thinking, you are more then welcome to also share those thoughts.

Anyways, there's a lot I've been wanting to share here, but right now I only have the stamina to share one thing. As most of you know, I consider myself agnostic. I am however very open to other people's beliefs, and like to take as much in as I can to hopefully try and form some of my own. However, what I don't agree with is when religious people act as radicals, and try to press their beliefs onto others, sometimes for the worst. I just read an article about a group of Baptist clergymen who are trying to rid the sea of a type of anemone that are considered transgendered.

"For God knows how long, this twisted sea creature has been running rampant in our oceans, spreading its unnatural, bisexual lifestyle. And it's high time somebody took a stand."

I'm hoping I don't have to explain why this is so crazy. I mean I try to be as unbiased as I can, but this is absolutely ridiculous. Why would you ever think it's ok to go into an environment that's impossible for you to live in (therefor useless to you), somehow kill off an entire species, and in the end fuck up an entire ecosystem I'm sure. Don't these people have better things to do like... I don't know... live life maybe?

No comments: